Monday, February 22, 2010

Venice Italy

I thought every day I could write a blog about an individual student in my class. I thought this would be a way to clearly remember the unique lives in that room. I will not use their real name as not to breech any laws.
Venice is truly unique. First off, she has hair that passes her waist, a precious, dimply smile and the most intuitive hugs. She seems so comfortable and confident at school. She works hard and diligent. She is very social as well. Overall she is rather balanced. She truly strives to make good choices and I see that so naturally in her. I hope that life and disappointments don't suck that out of her.
There is one thing that really stands out among the other students about Venice, her hugs. All of my kids hug me and they are often reaffirming and they feel good, but there is something so pure about her hugs. It always seems that at the right moment, she so quietly will get out of her seat, walk over to me, wrap her arms around me so gently, nuzzle her head on my waist, and then quietly walk away. Most children this age don't have the ability to do that without disrupting the entire lesson or moment, but she can. Her timing is always just right, and it seems as though it is also very intuitive. When I feel these little arms wrap around my waist I always feel like she is saying, "You can do it Miss Davis! I know today seems particularly stressful, and I know we can be frustrating, but we all love you. We are trying. We appreciate you." It is often my "Godsend."

No comments:

Post a Comment