Monday, February 22, 2010

66 days to go...

Originally, I had planned to blog often, and that didn't happen. This year has flown by as so much of life does. Part of me feels regret for not having documented all of the ups and downs and lessons learned, but maybe I will look back and appreciate only the memories that I can recall. It definitely made me respect those who can document their life daily.
Well, I am more than half way done with my year; 110 days have swiftly passed. I have developed so many wonderful relationships it is hard to even express the beauty of that. I have learned so many lessons about others and myself, I feel truly blessed. I think that one of the main things I have learned this year is that I am a relational person. I look forward to my job every day because I get to influence others. My attitude, appearance, words, body language, emotions, all truly effect the lives of others. Depending on my mood I can greatly effect the lives of 19 children. It's a daily choice to live a higher purpose. I love being held to that accountability, it gives a whole new perspective to what I call a "job."
I feel cheesy saying this, but when I am in my classroom from the hours of 7:25-3:25 my day rarely feels like a "job." It feels so much more like a responsibility. A responsibility to love these kids for those 8 hours. It's hard, but rewarding. I never thought I would love anything more. Sometimes it's hard to decide if the paper work, the grading, the planning, the meetings, and phone calls make it worth it. The pressure to show results is so great, that is often overwhelming so you have to document, document, document and it is an exhausting task. I wish I could think of those tedious tasks as a loving gesture to each child, but that part feels like a "job."

No comments:

Post a Comment